Tue 8 Feb 2011
The following are the documents that you can provide to take new connection:
PROOF OF IDENTITY (POI)
* Income TAX PAN Card
* Photo Credit Card
* Current Passbook of post office/PSU bank, with subscriber’s photo Current Passbook of post office/PSU bank, with subscriber’s photo
* Smart card issued by CSD, Defense /Paramilitary
PROOF OF ADDRESS & PROOF OF IDENTITY (POI & POA)
* Valid Driving License
* Valid Arm License
* Election Commission Card
* Valid Passport
* Photo I Card having Address
* Any other document containing photograph includes:
* Ration Card with photograph and address applicable for person whose photo is affixed.
* Certificate of address having photograph, issued by MP/ MLA/ Class-A Gazetted Officer in letter head.
* Certificate of address having photograph from Government recognized educational institutions (For Students only).
* Certificate of address having photo, issued by village panchayat head (for rural areas).
PROOF OF ADDRESS Only
* Ration Card
* Water bill (not older than 3 months)
* Telephone bill of fixed line (not older than 3 months)
* Electricity bill of state company (not older than 3 months)
* Income tax assessment order
* Vehicle Registration Certificate
* Statement of running Bank Account Statement of running Bank Account
* Current Passbook of post office/PSU bank
* Address Card with photo issued by department of Posts
* Registered Sale/ Lease Agreement